Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Moments at the Gallery..

One of the featured artworks by Ryan McGinley - via 21st Century blog

Yesterday I took myself (notebook and camera in hand) to the Gallery of Modern Art to check out the new exhibition, 21st Century: Art in the First Decade.  It has only been open for a few days and I hadn't really read anything about it, and upon arrival I realised this was no ordinary exhibition.  It took me almost two and half hours to wander through, lost in a surreal world of purple balloons, giant slides, white lego and a wall full of ribbons.  At times I wasn't sure if I was at an art gallery or amusement park, this exhibition really does blur the boundaries between art and everyday life.  My favourite piece was major sound work created by French artist CĂ©leste Boursier-Mougenot, where you are invited to share the gallery space with live finches. Just breathtaking.

If you are in Brisbane make sure you pop done to GoMA and check it out.  It is a truly amazing experience and is also perfect for families.  For more information check out their website and fascinating behind the scenes blog.

Have an inspiring and artistic Wednesday!
Much Love
xxx

1 comment:

  1. That sounds incredible. I wish I lived there so I could go! Where I live there isn't enough of these kinds of things.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x