Sunday, 14 November 2010

Flea Market Finds..

Happy Sunday and of course Flea Market Finds day! Sorry there were no finds last week, my hubby and I were flat out finishing the renovations to the main bedroom that we started some weeks ago and soon realised it was a much bigger job than we first anticipated. So feel free to add your finds from last week too, so we can check them out. As always to check out everyone's finds pop over here.

So this week, I've used some of my previous finds to decorate our bedroom. Inspired by the ever lovely Sibella Court, I've become fascinated with the idea of mixing all my finds into my home, perhaps making it into a museum of sorts.

My lovely vintage mannequin now has a perfect corner, adorned with a sweet old leather box brownie case, some vintage ribbon and a brooch by the lovely Sparrow Salvage.

My dressing table, with one of my favourite books that belonged to my great aunt, Royal Albert tea cup (perfect place for earrings) and a little collection of bottles.

Photos of the rest of the room to come, once I find a few finishing touches.

So what have you found this week? To play along just leave a comment and add your flea market blog post link in the Linky below so we can all check out your goodies. Remember you can play any time during the week! And please feel free to upload your fabulous finds to the Flea Market Finds flickr pool too.

Have a beautiful day!
Much Love
xxx


14 comments:

  1. I love your vintage mannequin Sophie.....I would love to find one just like it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mannequin - lucky you! And teacup idea is one I may have to copy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sophie!
    I love the little box under the tea cup.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the teacup idea - if only I wore earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No 'finds' to show off from this week but I have re-made a little footstool from an old footstool and Vintage Fabric if you want to have a look. I won't link it as its not a 'find' from this week. Will check out everyone elses though!!
    Have a good one!!
    Irene x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's my first time to show you my vintage finds. I love your mannequin, I have an old one too, her name is Lily :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missed you last week Sophie ;) Loving your renovations, thrilled to bits that you're a Sibella fan too! Hoping your week is wonderful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mannequin...Your finds are always amazing...I really love how you utilize them and give them new life...
    Cheeers,
    xxx Kasia
    www.studio-conestoga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. it all looks so lovely Sophie..i love the earings on a teacup, quaint!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like the cup home-for-the-earrings a very good idea indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful way to enjoy some of your finds! I love your use of the teacup.

    ReplyDelete
  12. tea cup earring holder is a great idea and looks very pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful to have a treasured book displayed out in the open, I like to do this with special items too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x