Tuesday, 2 November 2010

An extra long weekend...

I love a long weekend and this one, thanks to a certain horse race has been extra long and just what I needed. I've immersed myself in books and blogs, journals and notebooks, reading, scribbling and dreaming up ideas.

I've been working my way back through my old journals, almost like taking a trip back in time, meeting myself years ago.. I've been laughing at all my winging and taking notes of some nice moments which I will be using for an upcoming project.

On my outing yesterday for coffee and stationery supplies (for upcoming project) I was delighted to stumble upon a gorgeous new shop which had only just opened in town, called Fine and Sunny. What a breath of fresh air! The girls were just fabulous and they are stocking so many lovely things, I just wanted to stay for the whole afternoon.

I left with a copy of the sweet Frankie Diary and the most lovely polka dot tape and I will be back very soon for many more bits and pieces. If you are in Mildura make sure you pop in and say hi to the girls and check out all the loveliness.

I hope you are having a lovely day. I best go pop on a pretty hat and stop to watch the Melbourne Cup.

Much Love
xxx

9 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful when you discover a shop like that? I'm just loving all these pretty tapes that are around at the moment, they give so much scope for creativeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to go back and reread your adventures and silliness.
    I did that with the kids we were looking at old high school albums, it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am or should I say 'was' an avid diary keeper and one Sunday earlier in the year I got them all out and began to read them - BIG MISTAKE... unfortunately it showed that for many years I had been going round the same mountains and I thought enough is enough so I built a big bonfire of them (well not that big - but big in my mind)and made a vow not to write another word until I had something new and happy to write... so up until now I have not kept a diary but I have kept a 'Blessings journal' and each evening I write Blessings from that day... Thanks for the blog and enjoy your week.
    Beverley xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful blog you have.
    regards from H♥lland
    Margarita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sophie

    Thanks so much for your kind words!
    Stay for the whole afternoon next time, we don't mind!

    BTW We are having some drinks and nibbles tomorrow arvo(Thursday 4th) from 5 til 6ish, we would love to see you there and anyone else you would like to bring along - the more the merrier!

    Thanks again,

    Annie & Shell from
    fine & sunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely weekend, and how fun to find a new shop. The journal made me smile. I keep loving all the tapes I see, but haven't yet broken down and bought any.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's fun and scary when you discover your old journals isn't it? I can't believe what I thought and wrote sometimes....
    Also, I have nominated you for the beautiful blogger award : here's the link : http://babygalahclothing.blogspot.com/2010/11/feeling-little-chuffed.html
    Hope you are having a great weekend, Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The discovery of a new shop that speak's to one's artistic soul is a delight beyond reckoning. The written word is such a comfort to me as well. I have stacks of new journals I recently acquired all waiting to be used. Such lovely anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where is Fine and Sunny? I'm heading home to Mildura next week and I'd love to visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x