Sunday, 10 October 2010

Flea Market Finds.. Day 10

Happy Sunday! I hope you are enjoying a lovely Sunday wherever you are. The Spring weather is just beautiful here and we have been making the most of it this morning, already doing the rounds of the local tip and exploring the grand opening of the tip's new 'Good Room' where all the best bits and pieces can be found. So my flea market finds today are hot off the press. To check out all the fabulous flea market action pop over here. A big thank you for all those who played along last week, there were some wonderful finds indeed.

So I found a few cute things this morning in the good room and was very happy to see it full of other treasure hunters. I'm always fascinated to see what other people are searching for.

I was very happy with my finds today. A few lovely worn books, including the collected works of one of my favourite poets Banjo Paterson and a sweet candelabra which reminded me of Lumière from Beauty and the Beast.

So what have you found this week? To play along just leave a comment and add your flea market blog post link in the Linky below so we can all check out your goodies. Remember you can play any time during the week! And please feel free to upload your fabulous finds to the Flea Market Finds flickr pool too.

PS. Flea Market Find of the Year will be taking place on Sunday the 24th of October so you have two weeks get searching. You will be able to enter your favourite find from 2010 and will go into the running to be the Find of the Year. There will be more details coming this week, so stay tuned.

Much Love
xxx



15 comments:

  1. Fantastic... my husband and I were discussing local tips just yesterday, as I remember going to them as a child and being amazed at what you can find there. Yet as an adult who loves a great salvage find I have not visited our local tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed that other people would take something as beautiful as that candelabra to the tip! All part of the journey I guess because now it has found it's place in your lovely space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finds. i have a soft spot for old books also.

    That 'good room' sonds like a great space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finds, especially the candelabra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finds, I must make my way to the tip again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A tip 'good room' i like the sound of that! you certainly found some lovely gems worth rescuing :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow in the tip .... well they do say 1's trash is another 1's treasure!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds, especially the books! How can people throw out books though, something about it seems mean or disrespectful, glad they have a good home now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great buys, I went to my local council recycled shop today and got some great books too!
    Anthea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We in the Uk are not allowed to go to our council tips 'health and safty' and all that rubbish.... get it rubbish....:) but I do trawl our wonderful charity shops and find lots of goodies which also help various charity organizations so its a win win situation. Pop over and see my latest finds.
    Beverley xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - amazing what some people throw out! I love your site, and wanted to let you know that I've made you my blog of the week! You'll have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. the candelabra is fancyful. very imagination triggering (if that's english at all...)
    enjoy your sunday. we are a bit behind in time, but we're definitely having a full blasted sun as i speak... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found a candelabra similar to that one a while ago, it is gorgeous. This weekend my finds included a funky little retro chair and a garden seat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty candelabra, and I can see why it reminds you of Lumière. That was one of my girl's favorite movies and she still loves the scene with all the tableware dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes, very Beauty and the Beast! The books make a nice stand for the candelabra too. Do you have a special place assigned for them yet?
    Great finds :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x