Sunday, 11 July 2010

Flea Market Finds..

Happy Flea Market Finds day! It is just the most beautiful winter's day in my part of the world, I hope it is lovely where you are too. How has your week been, have you had a chance to do a little op shop hopping? Or perhaps even a dash through a garage sale or two. To check out all the delights from last week, pop over here.

This week I got lucky, really lucky. I'm still on the search for Grease props, specifically a little portable record player from the 1950's. I didn't even really know what one looked like, let alone thought I would be able to find one. But thanks to the ever astonishing tip shop Around Again, I actually stumbled upon a vintage HMV portable record player.

How sweet is it! It's just perfect and will make a nice addition to my growing collection of vintage gadgets after the musical.

So what delights have you found this week? To play along just leave a comment and add your flea market blog post link (not just your blog link) in the Linky below so we can all check out your goodies. Remember you can play any time during the week! And please feel free to upload your fabulous finds to the Flea Market Finds flickr pool too.

Happy Sunday!
Much Love
xxx


25 comments:

  1. Super nice tip shop score!

    I decided to finally stop stickybeaking, and actually post something this sunday..

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    That is just brilliant!
    How amazing to find such a great looking one, when you need it too!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a funky player. youre having fabulous luck with gathering the perfect props for the show! have a lovely sunday hope you're enjoying some sunshine : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great record player - does it work? How great to play some old records on and reminisce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice! the colour is Great! I hit the mother load this week and was so excited I had to blog about it Tuesday! :) Good luck with the rest of the props!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks like a seriously beautiful record player!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh it's so cute! and oh yes i remember those old record players :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, what a great find! I love tip shops xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful find! Have a great Sunday!
    xo,
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always find the best treasures! BTW... I'm in love with Jack. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love a good tip shop: they are amazing! Great find for the play.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am oh so jealous, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a really great find Sophie - I wish I could visit your tip shop! I remember having a portable record player ... I wasn't around in the 50's though - it was red and I loved it to bits - I still have the Bay City Rollers 45 I played on it! Eeeek!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a brilliant find Soph! My Mum had one similiar but she'd scrawled a love note in hers....I love Ringo (as in Starr)! Gorgeous!!! Hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. that looks lovely - hope you take some pictures of the set with all your lovely props...

    ReplyDelete
  16. that looks brilliant for Grease .. what a collection you've got.
    My Flea Market Find

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous find- not just a record player but a special suitcase model. It will be wonderful for Grease and a delightful treasure for your own collection after.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous funky find ... thank YOU so much for hosting this meme Sophie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow.....what are the chances of finding exactly what you are looking for in a tip shop! Well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's gorgeous! You find some truely amazing things...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I keep buying record players. My problem is that they don't tend to work. But I fall in love with them none the less. Maybe one day I'll have a working one to spin some records on.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My first Flea market finds is here. Now i am off to stalk the others
    Mox
    http://michellewalkerdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x