Sunday, 25 April 2010

Flea Market Finds..

What a beautiful and very special Sunday it is for enjoying some lovely Flea Market Finds. First off a huge thank you to everyone who played along last week, it was by far the biggest Sunday so far and it was just delightful to stop by and check out everyone's lovely finds. Some of my favourites (there were so many) included, some gorgeous crockery here, here and here, some very sweet dresses here and here, and finally this adorable shopping trolley. Fabulous work girls!

So on my flea market hunt yesterday, after the local Salvo's wouldn't let me in because they were closing in five minutes, I trudged in the rain down to the tip shop and thought my luck had run out until I found a sweet brass teapot and a fabulous old wheelbarrow which I got thrown in for free as it had certainly seen better days. But I didn't mind, you see I had bigger plans for my little wheelbarrow..

It quickly found a new home under our maple tree and was transformed into the perfect little garden bed for some gorgeous pansies and herbs..

What delightful tales do you have to share this week? To play along just leave a comment and put your flea market blog post link (not just your blog link) in the Linky below so we can all check out your goodies. Remember you can play any time during the week! And don't forget to upload your fabulous finds to the Flea Market Finds flickr page too.

Wishing you all a lovely ANZAC day and a beautiful opportunity to thank those courageous men and women for their sacrifices.
Lest We Forget.


26 comments:

  1. oh i love those old wheelbarrows! i have 3. its great finding them at roundagain, coz they cost an arm and a leg at antique shops

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE your wheelbarrow garden.

    This week i'm sharing the glasses and plates i've been collecting over the last few weeks for my daughters birhday party. i'm planning a disposable-free tea party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wheelbarrow and great idea for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wheelbarrow looks lovely Sophie. I can't wait to see it in full bloom. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE those rusty old wheelbarrows, they make a lovely display. I have two, one is planted up with herbs & the other one with succulents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those old wheel barrows, particularly as they usually come with rusted holes in the bottom for drainage, and I don't get a case of the guilts drilling into them. xxNick

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw a trailer filled with plastic pot plants under a tree the other day. It just didn't get that it was meant to be a gorgeous little rusted wheel barow filled with pansies! Yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you love the tip shop?? Love the wheelbarrow, great find! A good example of how something that has been thrown away can be given a new and beautiful life xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh your wheelbarrow is gorgeous!! And who can resist pansies :) Hope all is blissful in your world :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wheelbarrow, love the look of old things in the garden. Love the tip shop, you have me thinking it might be time for another visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous plan for your fab wheelbarrow find and what's not to love about FREE! I have a very rusty old wheelbarrow I have plans to pop succulents in. There is no base left in it so I need to fossick for something to line it with. I have popped on 2 links (naughty!?) to some of my fav old printed finds of recent times. Love playing along when I get the chance. Happy Sunday to all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That wheelbarrow looks absolutely gorgeous there! Brilliant find!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the wheelbarrow is gorgeous and I loved what you've done with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is just a lovely wheelbarrow - love the dinged upness of it, and how pretty is it going to look as those flowers grow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your wheelbarrow is fantastic! It looks lovely as a planter. It's great to have a potter about at the tip shop. We found a scooter for my youngest the last time we went!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your wheelbarrow idea - it is going to look so lovely when those plants fill out and flower. Hope you have a good long weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  17. hello again, sophie. thx for the forum. i love looking at all that can be found down under... :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought I would add my little finds from yesterday! PS - great use for a rusty wheelbarrow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your wheelbarrow looks great... the other good thing is you can move it around the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful way to use the wheelbarrow, what a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely idea to plant some pretty things in an old wheel barrow, very quaint and practical too! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my you have an amazing blog, I'm off to look at your older posts... Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those pansies are going to be just gorgeous - well done for getting on and planting them so quickly - much better than having your find lurking about for ages - which happens to me alot!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What fun! The wheelbarrow is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x