Sunday, 18 April 2010

Flea Market Finds..

Hooray for Sunday mornings, it can only mean one thing, fabulous finds! I hope you have had a wonderful week of finds. Sorry I wasn't able to get around to everyone last week, first week back at work, musical rehearsals and marking eighty essays meant I sadly didn't have a great deal of browsing time. So I will get a double dose of flea market goodness this week! In lieu of some favourites this week just pop over and check out everyone's if you haven't already. These girls really know how to shop!

So this week, as I didn't get a chance to go out seaching, minus a few tea cups from the local MS shop, I thought I'd show you my vintage dress I found whilst in Brisbane. I wondered after I bought it, what on earth I would wear it with, but after buying a new pair of bright orange Converse sneakers a few days ago, I think they are made for each other.

The dress.. original 1960's.

Besides the crazy colours, I was really drawn to it because of the fabulous original buttons.

So now to cross my fingers and hope it I can pull it off when I wear it to work tomorrow. I hope you have had some wonderful finds this week. To play along just leave a comment and put your flea market blog post link (not just your blog link) in the MckLinky below so we can all check out your goodies. Remember you can play any time during the week! Have you got any favourite vintage dresses? I'd love to see them!

Much Love and Happy finding!
xxx

25 comments:

  1. Made for eachother indeed! ACTION SHOT! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooove the dress - with those converse runners you will definitely be able to pull it off. What a great combo and such a wonderful find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS, I have to admit to being rather amused by the fact that desperate players like two I shall not mention ;), ensure you end up being #3 in your own linky list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress. Have fun wearing it to work...how can you not have a great day wearing that dress!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dress. I love the green and teamed with the orange sneakers it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabbo baby! Very chi chi! You will be the belle of the school yard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what a fab outfit..ssoo retro, i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress! And definitely a perfect match with the sneakers! Where on earth in Brisbane did you find it?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waiting for the report from your peeps tomorrow :) Gorgeous together, knew you were meant to have orange/pumpkin shoes with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great dress Sophie, what a score. And yep, those converse will look super snazzy with it. I"m sure this combo will be a big hit at work tomorrow! Hope you are having a happy weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sophie I am pretty sure you could pull off a paper bag! All the teens are gonna be dead jealous and think you are the coolest teacher ever - which no doubt you are!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG that dress is amazing! You'll look superfab wearing that to work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They'll look great together Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay for groovy dresses this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a good idea to match them with the sneakers. i wouldn't have thought of it, and then i would have struggled... but perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. such lovey bright colours to warm you up in Autumn and good match with the sneakers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the dress, it will look fabulous with the sneakers. Happy Sunday xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nothing like a new outfit to brighten your day and that one certainly will do the trick. Love it matched with Converse too, it sort of modernises it. Have a great Sunday Sophie. X

    ReplyDelete
  19. i remember when my nana used to wear dresses like that when i was a little girl, love it. xojade

    ReplyDelete
  20. the colours are amazing love it the button's are soo lovely
    happy Sunday too you x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous dress, beautiful match! I had to show you the Flea Market bonanza and visual feast that was the Sydney Vintage Fair starting Friday night ~ Oh golly it was so fabulous;) Love this Sunday task, Thank YOU Sophie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. your students are lucky having such a stylish teacher! hope the outfit pulls together nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab dress and totally adore those buttons !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh yes, that dress, those converse pumps - a beautiful match! What a cool teacher you must be! Ps I love converse and now seeing yours realise I'm definitely due a new pair!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x