Sunday, 28 March 2010

Flea Market Finds..

What a lovely Sunday for some Flea Market Finds! Thanks so much to everyone who played along last week, it was the biggest to date. It was another wonderful week for finding treasures with everyone coming home with a fabulous stash. Just check out these lovely tea cups here and here, this sweet table cloth and this fab stash of goodies!

My week has been flat out and after spending the last 20 hours participating in Relay for Life, sadly I didn't have any time to check out the local oppies this week. So today I thought I might show you one of my very favourite things, not so much a find but a precious gift.

Of all my tea cups, this sweet Royal Doulton one is my very favourite. It belonged to my great grandmother and was given to me by my great Aunt. There is just something about the shape and pattern I adore. I always imagine it being the perfect tea party cup and saucer.

So what have you found this week. To play along just leave a comment and put your flea market blog post link (not just your blog link) in the MckLinky below so we can all check out your goodies. Remember you can play any time during the week! I'd also love to see some of your old finds or precious keepsakes.

Much Love
xxx



12 comments:

  1. I think part beauty, part sentimental value makes for the best things. The set is lovely. Do you use it? Some of my precious things I do and some I don't. Hope your having a great weekend. Cohen is currently chasing two cats around the house. sigh...

    PS. Word verification is 'sorphie' - close. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful little set. What is it about tea cups & saucers..something simple & whimsical and always so ladylike, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a beautiful set and made even more special because of its history.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a precious heirloom, Sophie..a gorgeous trio :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is quite angular isnt it, very sweet. Thanks for running this meme, I am having fun with it. Its so nice to find a little niche where others like the same thing as you do.
    ta :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this trio is sooooo gorgeous Sophie and special too. I collect trios and have quite a few that are very special to me, they were nan's and in the last couple of years mum has given me some special ones of hers. Yours is so so so pretty. I also have quite a few from the op shop I have put together over the years putting together a trio and having 3 different pieces is so much fun, I know you have been enjoying that too. I have sadly run out of room I have filled two dressers so I have had to show restraint for over a year now, very hard to do. I will join in your meme one day! I really haven't done much op shopping this year, a tragedy I know xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, the black sets off the colours. I would be afraid to use it lest I wast so careful I became clumsy careful. xxNick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tea set. I also featured my grandmothers tea set this week. They bring back such wonderful memories don't they? Life's little pleasures of pouring a hot cup of tea into a beautiful china cup are still alive and kicking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful tea set Sophie!
    I'm a bit later than usual with my Flea Market finds this week - computer is on a go slow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. dear sophie
    thank you for this link opportunity, always nice to meet flea market adepts. you have a wonderful blog!
    woolf

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Sophie, have come back to join in this week but Mr linky never comes up for me it is always a blank square with a red x so just letting you know I have linked back to your blog anyway

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest, I know it's only one shot but I've an entry for flea market sunday here on my house blog:

    http://theidealsparrow.blogspot.com/2010/04/new-thrift-shop-darlings.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x