Sunday, 14 March 2010

Flea Market Finds..

Good morning! How exciting, Flea Market Finds Day is here again and I just can't wait to see what everyone has found this week.

Sorry I didn't get around to everyone until Thursday last week, my year 12 marking was all I saw for a good portion of the week. But when I did get to pop over and check everyone out... my how fabulous! A few very cute birds here and here, some very cute gloves and shoes and some fabulous board games here and here.

This week I spotted my find in the Salvo's window on Friday night on our way to dinner, so I hurried back Saturday morning and to my delight it was still there, a fabulous old metal trunk.

I've noticed when I op shop I often buy things in themes or colours, so after finding the fabulous blue trunk, I also grabbed this very sweet table cloth to match and two more teacups for my mismatched tea set. The lovely blue tea pot is from a previous expedition to Rose Harvest.

I hope your week has bought some lovely and perhaps unexpected delights. To play along just leave a comment and put your flea market blog post link (not just your blog link) in the MckLinky below so we can all check out your goodies. Remember you can play any time during the week!

PS. If you are over on Flickr, be sure to add all your fabulous photos to the Flea Market Finds flickr pool. I will be making up a mosaic of some of the fabulous finds from the pool tomorrow.

Much Love and Happy Sunday!
xxx

20 comments:

  1. It is a lovely trunk Sophie and your other finds do indeed tone in well with it! Hope you and your Year 12 are not stressing too much - it is a big year huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that gorgeous trunk and it's such a pretty colour. Looks so beautifully styled with those adorable teacups on top. Enjoy your Sunday Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the trunk! Why can't I ever find anything that cool?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for hosting I do love Sundays! That trunk is a gorgeous colour & I love that tablecloth, very pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tablecloth and the gorgeous gorgeous teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. can i come round with some cupcakes & sip tea from those wonderful teacups!!!
    i love trunks..ooohh

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i LOVE those sweet old trunks. and old tablecloths too. you did very nicely indeed, Sophie! the setting's perfect for afternoon tea. i think i'll go make a batch of scones :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Sunday Sophie. I love how you have styled the trunk with the gorgeous tea cups. Makes for a great photo. Melinda xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sophie - thanks for hosting - I love seeing everyone's finds! Love your trunk too - great colour. Nic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous trunk, what a great find! It's all about peeking in to see what's new in store before someone else snaps it up isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy, Happy Sunday. Your challenge was what I lived for this weekend. Had a great time checking out the Opies and buying some great stuff! Loooove the trunk. What a wonderful find.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, I have that same trunk! Mine is painted brown! My dad gave it to me. Will have to take some photos and send them to you!

    Have finally added all my flickr photos to the group too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhhhhhhh lovely trunk! what an amazing find xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your trunk, what a gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow you'll be able to store a bit of stuff in that trunk and the tablecloth looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mismatched teasets are the best. I have quite a collection of them - they are all so gorgeous and unique. I didn't get to any flea markets this weekend - I hate the thought of what I might have missed out on.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! I am very excited to join this meme today - i have been reading your blog for a while and am thrilled to be a part of it :)
    I do love your blue case too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WHat an utterly wonderful old trunk. And it's a lovely photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh your finds are gorgeous so too is your photography ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I shop in colours too! It's odd how I can walk into an op shop and everything I want to buy that day will co-ordinate in some way.

    I bought some darling old books this week, I'll have to take a photo for you and link to it in time for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x