Sunday, 28 February 2010

Flea Market Finds..

Good morning and welcome to another lovely Sunday of Flea Market Finds. I hope you have been enjoying a fabulous weekend whatever you have been up to. Did you check out all of last weeks finds. Weren't they just fabulous, you girls have some serious talent when it comes to locating second hand goodies. There was a fabulous stash of books and magazines, some lovely kitchen accessories here and here, a seriously cute lamp and a fabulous chandelier. What a wonderful haul of goodies.

My second hand search this week was all about finding some more lovely bits of ephemera for my collages. Yesterday morning I headed straight out to Rose Harvest, to wander through all the lovely rooms in search of some beloved treasures. Here's what I found..

The sweetest little box brownie to add to my collection and a stack of gorgeous books that will be just perfect for my collage series.

I actually gasped when I pulled this little box out from under a cupboard, all the gorgeous old buttons and buckles have so many stories to tell.

And out the back I finally picked up something I've been wanting for so long..

This lovely red birdcage, which is now hanging in the maple tree in the backyard...

So what have you found this week! I can't wait to see, I just love popping in and sharing your flea market fun! To play along just leave a comment and put your flea market blog post (not just your blog) in the MckLinky below so we can all check out your goodies. Remember you can play any time during the week!

Oh and if you have a flickr account, be sure you pop over and join the Flea Market Finds pool and add your lovely finds.

Happy Sunday!
Much Love
xxx


24 comments:

  1. Oh my! Gasp! Swoon! That camera, those buttons and GASP! That bird cage!! I nearly fell off my chair. I think I need to go an have a quiet moment and calm down. Oh the jealousy!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous finds Sophie, the box, the buttons, and that bird cage is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaahhhh! That bird cage is stunning, I love it! How lucky you are to pick up that gorgeous treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that red looks fabulous with the green in the background. i hope it's secure in this wind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bird cage is absolutely amazing. I love it. My finds were no where near as good as yours, but I'll share anyway. Hope your Sunday is lovely. Melinda xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. your finds are amazing ... the buttons and especially the bird cage. red! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bird cage looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sophie!!
    you have outdone yourself with those gorgeous treasures!
    I don't know what I like most... birdcage or box brownie..ohhh,so very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Sophie, you found some real beauties! My fave is the buttons, I would love to have a closer look. But your camera, books and bird cage are all ace too. Thanks for hosting, I love Sundays xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did I miss the moment when your collages went on etsy?? I keep looking, but not finding.. Wendy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh i love my little box camera too Sophie!! and you can never have too many yummy vintage buttons! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i forgot to add..i am GREEN with envy over your GORGEOUS RED BIRD CAGE!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea, to see everyones fabulous finds! I'm loving the buttons too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finds this week Sophie. The red bird cage looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I just love the birdcage - I WANT ONE TOO! Thanks for hosting - what a great idea. Nic

    ReplyDelete
  16. ohh that red bird cage is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Sophie - that cage! Those buttons and a Box Brownie - that is almost too much gorgeousness for one person to handle - if you are feeling overwhelmed by the possession of such loveliness I could indeed help out by sharing the load - if you feel the need to divest yourself of your burdens (like the RED cage), just call me and know I will be there to do my bit!
    Just putting it out there ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous, gorgeous finds Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH ME OH MY! Red birdcage; two words that are a match made in heaven! Awesome finds!

    ReplyDelete
  20. old buttons! no wonder you gasped, lucky you finding such a wonderful stash

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry so late, but better late than never! I want that birdcage in my new bedroom- with ken Done doona cover...oh, that clashing, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The birdcage is so beautiful and such a fab vibrant colour! A stunning garden ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Better late than never, I have finally worked out this whole meme business. Loved your finds. xx Nick

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love and vintage dreams ~ Sophie x