Monday, 18 January 2010

Some days are made for crochet..

Yesterday was one of those perfect days. It was blustering and uninviting out, perfect weather for drawing the blinds and enjoying a day inside with a few delightful films, a lovely pot of tea and a crochet project or two. Now that I am once again Grannying Along, I thought it best to dust of all project bags, my favourite wooden hook and get to work.

My colourful giant granny square blanket coming along and it will soon be a gift for a very special person. And my wee granny squares are the beginnings of my cushion I began last week during my afternoon in the sunshine.

I must get back to work on this little creation in time for winter. I know it doesn't look like much now, but I hope sooner rather than later it will become a giant granny square throw for our bed. I was initially doing little squares, but felt I didn't have enough colours, so instead went for one lovely big square.

Unlike my relaxing day yesterday, my Monday has been delightfully busy indeed, with one more week before I have to go back to work, I'm making the most of my time off and creating new stock for Handmade Heaven and Georgie Love. I'm also finding myself in the season of all things Valentine and have been turning some of my little felt circles into hearts.

Pop by tomorrow to see these sweet little delights transformed.

Thank you for your lovely comments and for those already playing along with Flea Market Finds, remember you can post anytime during the week. I've heard Tuesday is the best day for op-shopping so tomorrow might just be your lucky day. If you know anywhere fabulous to find a second hand delight I'd love to know about it.

Well Happy Monday, my granny squares are calling
Much Love
xxx


5 comments:

  1. Wow! Love all your crochet creations, very inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been crocheting this evening, experimenting with a new pattern to make a throw for the lounge. I also went thrifting today too at the Gold Coast and picked up a few nice things, like a big basket and a sweet vintage sewing box. Tuesdays is usually best here too, as that is when they put out the new stock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your crochetwork! Very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't crochet, but I do appreciate your gorgeous work! The coverlet for your bed is going to be wonderful!

    I will come back to see what you have done with the hearts! :-)

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing your crochet makes me wish SO much that I could do it. I really must learn, knitting is first love! I love your colour combos x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x