Thursday, 28 January 2010

My Creative Space..

It is so lovely to be back playing along with the fabulous Kootooyoo's, My Creative Space for another creative year. I always enjoy checking out what people are up to and sharing the mess I am currently making. To begin the year I'm excited to share my new little studio. I'm forever adding to it, finding new ways to store all my bits and pieces, so this is what my creative space looks like today.

My new little studio space.. I've come up with an idea of storing all my fabric in a lovely wicker basket so it's nice and easy to access.

My favourite pair of vintage shoes, op-shopped of course, are a little delicate to wear, so now they take pride of place onto of my library card cabinet along side, a scissor holding teapot and a new addition.. inspired by my post last week.. all my white buttons now stored in a vintage jar.

Brooches ready for buttons, on their way to Handmade Heaven sit in front of my ever growing inspiration board, full of lovely things. One of my favourite pieces in my studio, is an original Nicole Tattersall painting my hubby bought me (it's the lovely girl with the umbrella).

Wishing you a lovely Thursday, now known as Creative Space day..
To play along pop over to the Creative Queen herself, Kirsty.

Much Love
xxx

20 comments:

  1. Oooh Soph - it's lovely! Everything's looking just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have started a white button jar inspired by that post of yours too! Its all looking gorgeous are so inspiring as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely! I love your library card cabinet.


    hehe, verification word is Bessi. Maybe that's what you could call the cabinet :) (sorry, everything has a name in our house!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely, I cannot wait to have a space all of my own. So I will just have to be inspired by yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so gorgeous! Love the studio space, wish I was there...it's making me feel creative just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a beautiful space!! I love those old library card drawers :) K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your space looks lovely and organized. it must be conducive to some serious creating!! I love the library card catalog....so familiar when I was young and now vintage! lol!!

    Great creative space, Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a divine space, I love it and sooooo neat, I can't believe it. Love all the vintage touches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your space looks very inviting, ordered & interesting! I love your shoes and your button jar. Hope you're having a happy day xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. your space looks immaculate and beautifully organised :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your work space is lovely! I adore your library card cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SOOOO neat and beautiful, my studio is a shambles today (and most days). So I cheated a little today and used close up shots in my creative space!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, your studio looks very inspiring and homely.
    I also have a library card cabinet. I didn't realise that that's what it was until you mentioned it. Now I know. Melinda xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a lovely space - and some good storage ideas too. Do I spy a vintage sewing machine on the floor? I have a few myself - I can't resist! Nic

    ReplyDelete
  15. Breeeeeeeaaaaaathe...How beautiful is your space? Mind if I just curl up with a cup of tea in the corner and soak it all in?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a lovely space. It looks warm and inviting and sunny and very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love what you've done with the space!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, your working space looks so cosy and appealing. I bet you make plenty of great things there... I'll just browse around to see what you're up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always notice your old phone! I love it. It looks great in your creative space. I had one when I was little that I totally covered in stickers and my mum confiscated it one day and it was gone forever! (I just happened to have a phone plug in my bedroom)

    ReplyDelete
  20. i recently spent a painstaking afternnon sorting my buttons into colours and housing them in mason jars inherited from my great aunt. your space is so beautiful. the colours and the order, i love it all

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x