Thursday, 21 January 2010

Did you know...

Did you know that cats kiss with their eyes...

Have you ever noticed your cat gazing at you for a long moment and then slowly blinking his eyes? That's the kitty equivalent of a kiss, and you should feel very flattered. Of course, a nip on the nose is also their way of giving a kiss. If you want to show your cat you love him, give him a kitty kiss right back. No, not on the nose. Just give him that long stare and slow blink and see what happens. ~ Taken from here

There you are, a wee spot of trivia for the day.. But it's true. I noticed Olive staring at me last night while I was doing the dishes, then she blinked really slowly. I thought it was a little strange, I asked Mr Google, and there you have it, she was giving me at kitty kiss. Go try it out and tell me if it works for you!

Much Love
xxx

PS. I love trivia, so if you know any strange and interesting facts, please let me know.

5 comments:

  1. Yes isn't it sweet? My kitties do this too... they also do the slow wink, which is a bit more of a cheeky kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cat just looks angry when she stares at me...but then again, she is a little crazy! And I don't think she likes me much, because I'm not the one that feeds her :) She knows where her loyalties lie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! My cat loves to have its fur stroked, he rubs against our legs, and when my husband comes home from work, he greets him with a long mew, and takes him to the balcony to "eat" together the thyme, yes. he loves thyme; so I have two thyme vases, one for the kitchen and one for the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My goodness. I am so glad someone else knows this!! I do that back to my cat all the time and my husband thinks I'm crazy!

    You've got a beautiful kitty there:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post makes me very happy. I thought I had just made up that theory in hope that my Lucy cat was sending me cat love when she blinked her sweet blink.

    Your black beastie is quite darling :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x