Friday, 15 January 2010

Decor Dilemma - The Fireplace

1. Paul Massey via Mlle Magpie, 2. via Avant-Garde, 3. via this is glamorous, 4. Sibella Court via Simply Grove

One of my first renovations to our little cottage is our lounge room fireplace. With outdated poorly renovated early 70's brick and a sad looking brown gas heater, it is in desperate need of a makeover. These are some of my favourite fireplaces that I've gathered from some lovely blogs. As always I'm very drawn to the fabulous design and aesthetic of Sibella Court (image 4) and it seems I have a thing for white. My only problem, we need to get rid of the old brick and replace it with a delightful mantel piece (I think this will be easier said than done). Will keep you updated with our progress, bring on the hammer and chisel!

PS. My summer giveaway will be drawn at midday tomorrow so get in quick to get your place in the draw. Just pop over here.

Much Love
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, fireplaces and mantles are fantastic to start with and then these ones?! They are gorgeous! I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. I remember a friend of my parents had a beautiful rustic brick fireplace with an antique mirror above it, some vases on the mantel and a bowl of pine cones and I aspired to have something similar one day. Only problem is they lived in Toowoomba and we are in the Gold Coast - not much call for fire places here! Good luck with the brick destruction. My husband loved that part the most about renovating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! i love them all especially the 2nd and the 4th, i'm a bit old fashioned and love a vintage look. there is a warehouse near me that has hunks of old homes including tons of fireplace mantels! i love going there just to dream. thanks for stopping by my blog, i love yours too and will be back often! :) happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x