Thursday, 24 December 2009

Merry Christmas and a little cottage tour...

Well it has been a very long week of shifting heavy boxes and cleaning windows and we are finally into a lovely little cottage, just in time for Christmas. I'm so delighted to finally have the internet back and I would just love to take you on a wee tour of our sweet nest.

Welcome, come down the garden path, past the rambling roses to our little cottage.

Roses are abundant throughout the garden and are just begging to be placed into delicate Venetian glass to perfume the house.

Of course, one of the first boxes to be unpacked was the books, perched carefully on the bookshelf where Jane Austen, Lewis Carroll and James Joyce enjoy a cup of tea.

I'm so excited about my cute little kitchen, the original fire place still intact, perfect for recipe books and lovely bits and pieces.

Through the back door, tangled amongst the daisies and roses you will find our laundry in a gorgeous little weatherboard nook.

In the lounge room, on the coffee table is the new Real Living magazine, it's one of my very favourites and yesterday I was relaxing in the afternoon with a pot of tea enjoying this fabulous How-To issue, when I noticed something rather exciting...

One of my little brooches on the We're Loving page!

I had no idea that 'I heart Cupcakes' was going to make an appearance and I must say, I bolted outside to find my hubby and ran around giggling like a little girl. A very delightful Christmas present indeed. Thanks so much to the amazing girls at Real Living for putting together such a fabulous magazine, it is always filled with such inspiring design ideas.

More of my little cottage to come as I paint a few walls and get my lovely new studio organised. Thanks so much for joining me on this little tour..

Well it is indeed Christmas Eve and I'm off to make enjoy the festive cheer for a few days before settling in to unpack the rest of my house and begin renovations. Wishing you, your family and friends a delightful Christmas and festive season, full of joy, laughter, love and a glass of bubbly or two.

Much Love and Merry Christmas
xxx



10 comments:

  1. I just read through Real Living and had noticed your brooch too. It is exciting when you spot your work, isn't it? I love your cottage. Happy Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. your new cottage looks absolutely perfect ~ i love the old fireplace!

    wishing you all a wonderful and peaceful christmas, and the very best for 2010... :)

    emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was wondering how it was going, all the unpacking and such. I'm so glad you get to be in your new little cottage for Christmas. I love that kitchen area. How cute that is! Well, Merry Christmas, and I'll be looking forward to seeing more of your new home!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I forgot to say congratulations on having your brooch featured!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet place you've made into home. I love the way you've done the fireplace.

    Congrats on the magazine placement, too! That's so exciting. I'm so glad I've found your blog. I love it. Have a happy holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your new little cottage looks so sweet, and you look settled already..
    have a wonderful christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cottage is gorgeous! Have fun decorating! Is your kitchen fireplace sealed off or is the chimney open? I have one similar but use it for storage. I have Rosella's nesting in the chimney.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cottage. Best wishes for all the days to come there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new cottage is so gorgeous...
    I love the roses and the kitchen nook...
    Just lovely and perfect for new adventures....
    Congrats on real living...
    It's a fav mag of mine too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sophie darling, your blog is so lovely, full of interesting posts and beautiful photos. I stumbled upon your blog and your fascinating posts have kept me here for awhile now. I joined your followers and will return often to visit with you.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x