Wednesday, 19 August 2009

Day Nineteen - Inspiration..

Well it seems day eighteen came and went and I think I must have been running behind it, yelling 'Stop, wait! Where's the pause button'. And here we are back at Wednesday again and I was sitting at my desk this afternoon day dreaming and staring at one of my inspiration boards, which I thought I would share.

'Inspiration'

'One very fine summer’s day when Sophie was eight, her aunt gave her some old curtains and a pair of scissors to keep her entertained for the afternoon. Ten minutes later her little sister was wearing a curtain ball gown complete with lace train. It was at that moment her inner seamstress was born.' - from my bio.

This is a photo of that very dress, my first ever creation as modeled by my beautiful sister. It is a constant source of inspiration and reminds me to create with the same carefree delight and passion as I had when I was eight.

Wishing you a lovely Wednesday, I hope your week has been fabulous. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, spending the day playing hostess to the Complete Works Theatre Company and watching some fabulous Shakespearean plays.

Much love
xxx




1 comment:

  1. That's so lovely! I'd always thought that was such a sweet memory, it must be so nice to have a photo to remind you always!xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x