Wednesday, 5 August 2009

Day Five - Pages and Pages

I just love an afternoon that involves searching little old second hand shops for books. Rummaging for beaten hard covers, tiny inscriptions and secret treasures within the pages, there is always something beautiful hidden amongst the shelves.

'Pages and Pages'

I also couldn't resist stopping by the bookshop on the way home for a browse and was so delighted to find a copy of Velvet Pears by Susan Southam just sitting there waiting for me. I have been searching for this book all year and can not wait to catch a free moment in my week so I can pour over the beautiful pages and stories of Susan's amazing world and my very favourite garden Foxglove Spires.

For more photos in August pop over to Megan. I hope your Wednesday has been delightful and that the beautiful full moon this evening inspires all things creative.

Much love and well read pages
xxx



4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean!! Working in a library it is so easy for me to spend my whole lunch break rummaging through our old books sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love old books! They just read so much better than a new perfect-bound thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Velvet Pears! I did a recent Blog entry about it because I love it so much. It's a book to treasure. Happy Full Creative Moon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day I would like to have a room in my house where all my beloved books are on show. A real library. At the moment, most of them are packed away in boxes. It's a shame, because I like the idea of people looking through books, trying to find just that one they want to read. Maybe the solution is to own a bookshop. But I'd probably never do any work! Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x