Thursday, 25 June 2009

My Creative Space..

And so it is Thursday again and I'm very happy because tomorrow is the last day of term which can only mean one thing... much needed holidays! So it has been with much joy and a little bounce in every step that I pottered around my creative space this afternoon and tidied up a little so I could take a few snaps.

My little space this week is full of inspiration, correspondence, creations and everything in between.

A little cascade of brooches in the making.. There are little circles of felt and fabric all over the house. I just love sitting with a beautiful stash of fabric and finding wonderful images and patterns to cut out.

A little mixed media piece I've just finished called 'Henry's Tea Party' created using vintage fabric and pages from some beautiful old books.

My mailbox has also been dancing this week with the arrival of the fabulous book 'How to be an Explorer of the World' by the fabulous Keri Smith. Also in the mail this week was this beautiful vintage card from the lovely Sue from my favourite antique shop Rose Harvest.

Make sure you head over to the wonderful Kristy at Kootoyoo to join in the fun and show off your Creative Space.

Again the sun has set before I have finished my post so I'm off to get the fire going and settle in for the evening to sew brooch backs and buttons and finish the very last of my exam marking before work tomorrow. I hope everyone has had a lovely Thursday.

Much love and creative moments.
xxx


18 comments:

  1. Your space is bursting with pretty things, as usual :)I'm especially fond of the collage.
    Enjoy those well earned holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with birdbath re bursting! your space is always full of energy + creativity. yay for the last day of term {i have another kinder party tomorrow afternoon + hubby home for 2 weeks}. i love the red detail in your mixed media piece. thanks for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How divine to see those brooches in the making! Lovely images and love the mixed media piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiring honey.... I have been contemplating that book 'how to be an explorer of the world' for a while now.... what's it like??? Would I love it?? xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful space Sophie. It's like collages within collages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keri Smith's book looks fabulous. Hope you enjoy the school hols and get lots of creative time for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. old card catalogue in the back? your space looks really busy :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh lovely and so full of bits and bobs....wonderful, indeed!! And I just added your beautiful blog to my list of lovelies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how busy and interesting your space is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you will have some busy vacation time! But it also looks really fun and good- is that the Keri Smith that posted the 100ideas for your scketchbook? The book looks totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Henry's tea party is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yours is just the kind of space that would make me want to sit and linger. There are so many intriguing details that would keep me occupied for hours. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely production line there! Do you cut all those circles out by hand?!

    Congratulations on your spot in Frankie too. Very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my your space is so wonderful Sophie so much to do I love seeing all your brooches in progress like that and I ADORE your mixed media piece it is divine. So wonderful for you to have holidays now

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Sophie, I'm so honoured to be featured on your blog, thank-you and congrats on Frankie, it's one of my favourites too...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving your mixed media pieces - so clever and sweet.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great creative space. I love all that is going on in it. I love the woden drawers too. Your mixed media book looks fantastic. I have the explorer book too. It is great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely creative space! Full of inspiration and bursting with wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x