Thursday, 18 June 2009

My Creative Space..

It feels like forever since I blogged last, I have missed it so much I raced home after work today to catch the last of the fading winter sun to catch my creative space. This time of year in a school is always chaotic and I always forget just how crazy it really is. My reports are finished and we are in the final stages of proof reading so by tomorrow after I will officially have my life back. Yay!

I'm so excited I have been madly scribbling down ideas and creating inspiration collages, I've got so much stored up inside, I just can't wait for the weekend buy some new fabric let loose on the sewing machine! My creative space this week is a little corner of my studio where some inspirational lovelies have found themselves together.

In my little corner many lovely things, including my favourite new book 'Jane Austen's Sewing Box' by Jennifer Forest, a page of my inspiration journal, a very cute notebook from The Black Apple and some new brooches which will be in the shop very soon.

I'm being inspired by, Venetian glass and piles of buttons, Victorian sewing and illustration and my great grandmothers beads..

Make sure you head over to the wonderful Kristy at Kootoyoo to join in the fun and show off your Creative Space.

It is so lovely to finally have a free moment to enjoy everyones beautiful blogs. I will be back tomorrow a sneak peak at some bits and pieces for my shop update. I will be stocking new brooches, artworks and a surprises over the weekend, so keep an eye out. Well, the sun has set and I am a little chilly so I'm off to my cozy lounge room to enjoy the new Real Living and Inside Out magazines, I feel another collage emerging.


Much love and happy creating
xxx


15 comments:

  1. Enjoy the post report exhale & happy creating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend was just telling me about 'Jane Austen's Sewing Box'; I can't wait to check it out. She's rather flushed on the cover isn't she?

    This post reminded me of the stash of jewelery I have from my Grandmother... I might have to do a little post about it. There's something extra special about these beads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for letting loose!
    you've got some good mags there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your creative space posts are always lovely. Glad to see you back Blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting book there, i haven't heard of it before. yeehah for report writing finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! Sophie's creative space. one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your creative space posts! They're so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful space again this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. buttons! :D sorry :p can never have too many buttons :)

    that book looks interesting, df. will keep my eye out for it in the shops.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic creative space! Good luck with the last of the proofreading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an interesting book - enjoy your very creative space- so much fun to take a peak in-

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, sounds like an explosion of creativity is about to happen. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy creating! So fun to look forward to that! :)
    I LOVE Jane Austen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a lovely creative space. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x