Thursday, 4 June 2009

My Creative Space..

A little creative space is never complete without some clutter and this week my space has plenty of that! The week has just flown by again and I'm trying to make the most of every minute in the day so my creative space is serving many purposes at the moment. Sewing, writing, cutting, gluing, scribbling, drawing, marking, reading and just making a mess!

My desk - vintage telephone, interior design journal, my 'wreck this journal', new Country Style magazine and letter writing supplies.

This is my ever evolving favourite page of my journal. I now have students and colleagues bringing their fruit stickers to me at lunch. Will be full in no time!

New little 'teabag' brooch idea I've been working on.. for all the mad tea lovers in the world.

Thank you to all the lovely people that replied to my postcard poetry. I'm so delighted to get so many responses. You will find a postcard in your mailbox very soon. Also you may find a little comment on your blog asking for your details so the your postcard can find you.

I'm off tomorrow afternoon for to Tasmania again for the long weekend. I feel like I'm never at home anymore! This time to catch up with the other side of my family, many of whom I have never met and celebrate the 90th birthday of my lovely Aunty Linny. It's so amazing and inspiring to be able to attend two 90th birthdays in one year. I'm packing tonight so any advice on what to take would be lovely. It's cold here in Mildura so I can only imagine what it will be like in Ulverstone! Can't wait to visit some lovely little antiques shop and go exploring.

Make sure you head over to the wonderful Kristy at Kootoyoo to join in the fun and show off your Creative Space. I'm playing along in the great heart hunt too! Can you spot the hearts?

Much love and hearts!
xxx


22 comments:

  1. always such a fun looking mess, and not really a mess!
    your vintage phone is cool and the tea bags look great! {even for a coffee lover :)}.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow Sophie another trip to tassie and another 90th!! that's incredible!!! Any rellies in Launceston??? We have had such mild warm weather, it has been tooo warm for Autumn, but now we have had 2 days of rain and it is actually cold today so maybe winter has finally come!!! Be prepared for any weather!! that's no help is it???? LOVE LOVE the teabag I must put in an advance order please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that journal page! Fruit stickers, what a great idea and they look so fab on the page together. Great post. K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the vintage phone and Country Style. If creative spaces need clutter then I must be the most creative gal on the planet. I'm a huge magpie! Safe journey to Tasmania. I can tell you it's cold, cold cold there as I have relatives down on the island!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal is so inspiring! And the teabag is adorable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That journal looks like so much fun! Your tea bag is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love LOVE LOVE the tea bag brooch - your eye for detail is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am in love with your new brooch design - very sweet!

    x nadine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the details in your space ~ the little tags, and the phone is so cool. And don't those stickers look great ~ such a simple thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting mess , love the phone .
    Have a great break .

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely creative clutter! I could look for ages :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the tea brooch idea. I'm a tea fanatic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Sophie!

    Such creative goodness in this shot!! How fun is it finding fruit stickers, I found a fruit sticker of a cow on my orange last week - straight to the Journal!

    Thank you so much for your comments on Open :)

    I tried to find your hearts but they must be well hidden, any clues?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that old phone! I like seeing the clutter, makes me feel better about the mess on my desk ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this series of shots Soph.

    The teabag is super cute & thanks for hearting along.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the teabag! Great creative space you've got there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your creative spaces. This is the first time I've met someone else that collect fruit stickers. I have been collecting them for years both here and overseas. Good to meet fellow fruity sticky...!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your space is always so full of interesting things. I love the fruit sticker page in your journal.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh your Wreck This journal looks very neat and tidy! I threw mine across the lawn after it rained - an unexpected burst of distruction! You make beautiful brooches, have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha, I love clutter, it gives us more to look at! :)
    Hope you had a lovely weekend with your family! I missed the poetry card project apparently but it sounds fantastic! GOod luck with it!
    Love the fruit stickers too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. great creative space and love the green retro phone.

    ReplyDelete
  22. love, love, love the fruit sticker page! it's so fun that all your students know about it and are helping our :)

    oh, and i love your tea-bag brooch idea... you could even trap a few aromatic herbal tea leaves inside for a bit of authenticity... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x