Monday, 29 June 2009

All Aboard!

So I have packed up my little studio and I am off to Brisbane for ten days for a little working holiday. I can't wait to spend some time with working on some new pieces and stocking up on supplies and of course seeing my wonderful family.

Packing up my little studio, buttons and all and a beautiful book about Shakespeare and Co.

I will be blogging my adventures from Brisbane and my little Etsy shop will be open and will be updated with some lovely new bits and pieces. I'm very much looking forward to visiting some lovely fabric stores and meandering through Paddington to the Antiques Centre. If you know of any fabulous places in Brisbane I should go to please leave a comment and let me know. I would love to hear from you.

I must go catch my flight. Hope you having a wonderful Monday and I will be back tomorrow with tales from (hopefully) sunny Queensland.

Much love and adventures
xxx


9 comments:

  1. You could check out Tangled Yarns in Newstead. Though predominantly yarn there are also lovely buttons. And if you visit on Saturday lots of fun as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe and happy journey. I shall look forward to following your posts. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip... If you are out Ipswich way you should check out the new little Handmade Heaven boutique which Liesa from the Handmade Expo has just opened... it's just gorgeous in the Old Flour Mill, Brisbane Street, Ipswich.
    Have a great trip and I look forward to your bloggin updates.

    Micky
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sophie,
    Have you been to Fortitude Valley on the weekend? Very funky markets on then and a great place to people spot and have a coffee or sushi. There is also the Crafts Council of Qld Gallery just up the road from the market, the Judith Wright Center and some op-shops around there too. The new Gallery of Modern Art and the new State Library at South Bank are amazing. American Impressionism & Realism is currently showing at GOMA. Folio books in Albert Street will make your mouth water. If you are near Mitchelton there is Funky Fabrix to visit. Paddington is a great pick. Lovely antique, homewares and jewellery shops there.
    Ahhh.... I miss Brissy. We used to live in Camp Hill and I worked in the City. I am just not a fan of the Gold Coast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG You simply have to go to Handmade Heaven, Are you just going to surprise Liesa ? I wish I knew if you were, I would love to come and meet you !
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a fabulous crafty holiday. Look forward to reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo, sounds like you're going to have a fab time even if it is a working holiday! i'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)

    btw, thank you for your wee comment about my crochet flower tags... i like the way you're thinking too, so with my new found inspiration i have been tinkering... :)

    have fun!
    emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. have a great trip and a safe journey... i'm sure you'll have a fab time, looking forward to hearing all about it.. and any treasures you find!

    linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are having a lovely time! My brooches have arrived and they are gorgeous as always, thank you Sophie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x