Thursday, 23 April 2009

My Creative Space..

After a few hectic days back at work, my creative space is not the hive of activity it normally is this time of week, I'm very much looking forward to the weekend so I can mess my studio up a bit! In the mean time, these are the lovelies on my desk.

I was very excited to see a little package waiting for me on my desk yesterday and it was from none other than the delightful Tinniegirl! I just couldn't resist a second lovely tinnie filled with fabulous bits and pieces.

My very cute French mini tinnie is filled with lovely lace and buttons and the gorgeous package behind (tied with string and the sweetest little Mildura teaspoon!) contains a glorious stash of fabrics. I just can't wait to begin creating! Thanks so much Cathy, it totally made my day!

The day before my little trip to Tassie I had a quiet moment of inspiration whilst dreaming of being a pirate, as I often do. I'm so taken my the costumes and colours from Pirates of the Cariabean I channeled my swash-buckling energy into a mixed media brooch, suitably titled 'Tales of Tortuga'.

Made entirley from recycled and pre loved fabrics and vintage lace 'Tales of Totuga' is my little pirates stash, with some lovely lace from a pretty girl's slip, a button and stripes from an officer's uniform and washed out canvas from a sail. I can only imagine where the tape measure may have come from.. It will be available in my Etsy shop in the next few days.

I must leave you with a fabulous book that appeared on my work desk this morning. The beautiful library ladies are always leaving me things, this week I've got a whole bag of vintage napkins and doilies, books of gorgeous sheet music and a wonderful vintage Walt Disney golden book. This morning's discovery has had me entraced all day.

Forget Me Not by Geoffrey Batchen is like an art history text book blended with a family photo album and is filled with incredible photographs, artwork and jewellery. My inspiration for the week..

Head over to Kristy at Kootoyoo to join in the fun and show off your Creative Space.

I'm off to Aqua Aerobics for a workout, it is also the perfect time to dream up ideas about what I'm going to create with my new fabric. Hope you are having a wonderful Thursday, I'm on the count down to the weekend.

Much love, pirates and photographs
xxx



7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked your goodies. Happy creating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your new brooch Sophie, I love the mixed media ones, and the Tinnie!!!! When I bought my tinnie a while back I REALLY wanted that little one too and had to use all my restraint to not buy two, I am so glad it went to a lovely home!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mixed media brooch, it's gorgeous as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to hear about the beginnings of things & the pirate idea to brooch is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new brooch and what a great idea to decorate a pillow with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a Tinnie this week too! I didn't take any pictures though. My camera battery was dead and I couldn't wait to open it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tinnie looks lovely. I am sure it will lead to some wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x