Thursday, 16 April 2009

My Creative Space..

What a very bright and colourful mix bag today! It seems my whole house is one big creative space at the moment! In every corner I'm working on something or have inspiration scattered.

I've just finished few new little petite brooches which can be found in my Etsy shop now...

In my mailbox this morning was a gorgeous package from lovely Linda of two pink possums which included an amazing stash of fabric and scraps! I can't wait to have a good look through everything, I can see some new scrap brooches being created very soon. Thank you so much Linda!

I am always collecting pictures for my inspiration and moleskine journals.. Have had a delightful time this morning going through my new magazines in search of lovely and inspiring images..

In the land of crochet, I've finally finished this giant granny square baby blanket for my friend Moana's little boy Bailey.

As soon as I finished one baby blanket I have begun work on the next, a very classic all white granny square blanket for my friend Joelene. So I too have jumped upon the granny square train. If you heart granny squares to make sure you check out A Granny a Day.



I'm off on a little adventure to Devonport, Tasmania tomorrow for my great Aunt's 90th birthday. I'm so excited about going to Tassie, haven't been in ten years, will be lovely to celebrate and see family. So I've got my little mushroom project pouch all ready to take with me to granny square throughout my trip. I will be back Monday night with photos and hopefully some cute bits and pieces from my travels. My Etsy shop will be open and all orders will be posted on Wednesday the 22nd. Some lovely new scrap and 'I heart' brooches to come very soon as well as a few new suprises.

Head over to Kristy at Kootoyoo to join in the fun and show off your Creative Space.

I feel like I've only been back in blog land a few days and I'm off again on another little adventure. I can't wait to rug up with hats and scarves, visit lovely antique shops and take plenty of photos.

Until Tuesday
Much love and granny squares!
xxx




23 comments:

  1. Isn't Linda lovely! Your granny blanket is amazing...have a wonderful weekend away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous granny square blanket, and an all white one will look fantastic!
    It looks like there's lots of creative loveliness going on in your world at the moment. Have a great trip to Tassie, I've still not made it there yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww every one knows how to do granny squares but me. lovely blanket

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your little trip. And am amazed at your patience -- crochet, oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh I wish you could pack me in your bag! I'm so jealous!!! Oh well hopefully later this year.... have a beautiful time exploring! Luv you lots x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wear some extra cute scarves for me in Tassie. They're the best accessory!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that blanket . Have a great trip .

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the most amazing granny square! Enjoy your trip to Tassie

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the crochet petite brooch & also the colour of the giant granny square!

    x nadine
    little lovelies

    p.s. I am hosting a giveaway - you can enter here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooo, there's a crocheting fever going about blogland at the moment! i love your giant granny square baby blanket :) i need to get an update pic of my hexagons, i think i've got almost fifty now - still way off four hundred though!!!

    thanks for the ravelry frienship btw, i don't know why i didn't think you'd be on there!?!?

    i'll definately be joining the crazy old granny brigade armed with the yarn stash i hope to have built up over the years ;)

    have a fab weekend at the birthday bash, see you next week...

    emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello :)

    i love the blanket for bailey, lovely colours

    have a fab few days :) linda x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun on your adventure Sophie!
    Lovely creations in this post - that granny rug is lovely, beautiful colour.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the white granny but I understand the need for colour...the brown is driving me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those fabric scraps, the baby blanket is gorgeous, I have been making Granny Squares too! I am off to check the link. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the new brooches...especially the dream...
    i haven't been to tassie in 20 years...my thats flown...
    can't wait to see lots of tassie goodness when you get back...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE your Granny! Yes I do. Well. Not your real granny... but your granny rug! What a crochet whizz you are! Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The new brooches are so superb. I especially love the Crochet one.

    I love your mushroom pouch. It looks so happy and bright.

    Have a great weekend away.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything is so so lovely! i Adore everything you so from your brooches to your collages to everything else.
    I also realized that I had forgotten o tell you thank you for making me the blog of the week.
    It was very very nice of you.

    I hope you have a wonderful day!

    Mj

    ReplyDelete
  19. hope your trip was great {no doubt you are back at school today!}. gorgeous granny blankie – i think i better start something crochet this week as it's definitely cooling down :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love you petite brooches! I was wondering if you could make me one that says 'buttons'? :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh Sophie you have been down my way!! and gone already!! I hope you had a wonderful time while you were here! Your granny squares are gorgeously pretty, you crochet so beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x