Sunday, 23 November 2008

So much to tell you...

I feel like it was just yesterday that I was sitting here telling you about my weekend, how time just disappears. I've decided this week just how precious time is and this weekend I have made the most of every minute. I've been very busy marking English essays, finalising our grant application for Poetic Justice, getting ready to film an entry for Tropfest and even making a few bits and pieces. Oh and how could I forget getting into the Christmas spirit. I know it's early but there is something about glitter and carols that gets me very excited.

My first little adventure in my studio was one of imagination and childlike exploration. My dearest bestie Courtney and I were talking about making softies (lovely children's toys for big people too) earlier in the week and I decided to create my very own cottage. Inspired by At Whim I went about creating my perfect little cottage, number 16 with mushrooms out the front and a lovely oak tree I could see from the bedroom window. After making one I think I'm addicted, perhaps I will end up with a whole village.

'16 Apple Way' softie

My little oak tree and butterfly


With all this fun, I couldn't stop there. After my success making my experimental top the other day I thought I would make another and made a mad dash to Spotlight for some fabric I'd been wanting to make...

'I heart leaves' singlet

There are so many things I am loving this week I just have to share them with you:

Real Living - Christmas edition

One of my favourite magazine, Real Living never fails to inspire and make me jump around totally excited about making beautiful things. Some of the best bits, their Christmas pressie ideas and gorgeous handmade wrapping and cards.

Christmas Decorations

After reading Real Living I just had to get into the Christmas spirit, that and the next few weekends I am so busy yesterday was the only time I would go hunting for decorations. After much searching I ended up at Target and I must say I was pleasantly surprised with their decorations. I have decided to go with really simple silver and white this year and just love these really cute words joy and hope. Can't wait to put the tree up next weekend.

Anthropologie- Glee Collection

If you havn't already you must check out the latest offerings at Anthropologie. Their Glee Collection just made me smile, the photoshoot is just gorgeous and check out that dress! Delightful!

An organised fabric collection

After all this creation my fabric collection was all over the place so I spent some time this morning pottering around my studio locating all the bits of fabric from all over the floor! Just had to take a photo of it looking all pretty before the next adventure...

The Oscar Wilde Collection

I'm so excited about teaching year 12 literature next year, especially because the first text is Lady Windermere's Fan by the ever amazing Oscar Wilde. I'm so excited to read his mesmorising prose. There is something very special about old Oscar.

Studio Inspiration

Inspired by the beautiful worlds of The Black Apple and A Fanciful Twist I have been busy collecting ideas of lovely things to add to my studio. I'm in desperate need of a desk and some more storage space and can't wait for my darling husband to help me make a thread holder and a lovely place to store all my bits and pieces.

Well that's all from me for tonight, I'm off to make salad for dinner and watch the Australian Idol finale.

Much love, have a fabulous week!
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x