Saturday, 29 November 2008

Never from this Abyss..

Just a quick post to show you some photos from the first part of filming for the short film my friends Moana, Barrie, and I are entering into Tropfest. It's called 'Never from this Abyss' and is a strange and very twisted tale of two lovers told using T.S Eliot's 'The Love song of J. Alfred Prufrock'. We had a great time filming this morning and I think the some of the outtakes will be even better than film itself. I got to chop wood, smash plates and cups and go crazy! All in a days work!

As we have set the film in the 1900's I had to find a costume suitable for the time. Of course Lifeline didn't have a 1900's evening dress hanging around so I spend last night, sewing and dyeing some curtain and a cheesecloth skirt to create my costume. Although not quite to period and perhaps a little more pirate than evening dress I'm so happy with the way it turned out.


I started with a few sketches of what I needed the dress to look like..

The curtain and 'hippy' skirt I had to work with thanks to Lifeline.

The dying process, with tea leaves and rose petals.

Moana got some great still shots from today to so I could show you our crazy antics and thank goodness we finished filming in the early afternoon as it has just started hailing! As the film will be in sepia tones I have altered the photos so you get a sense of what it will look like.

Filming a close up shot in the lavender.

Piano scene

By the fire reading none other than Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

On the block about to cut up some firewood before the madness begins.

All we have left to shoot now are the scenes where we are in the river, so we are waiting a few weeks for the weather to get warmer before tackling these. Well I'm off now to finish my marking before doing some research for Literature tonight (watching a lovely film with my friend Joelene).

Much love, hope everyone is having a lovely weekend x

2 comments:

  1. The photos are crazily beautiful! Your little creation is divine! I want to play dress ups! Miss you ever so much xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. How incredibly talented you are!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x