Saturday, 4 October 2008

Spring is in the air...

My second post for the day, I told you I had plenty of photos, I feel like I have been sitting at the computer for hours! When we got home after nearly two weeks away the first thing I noticed was how beautiful the garden looked. It is as if Spring hit over night. I just had to get my camera out and take some photos of these beautiful blooms.

The stunning native bottle brush is in full bloom filling our front yard with stunning red blossoms.

Our roses are also back in full force. I just love the morning dew still on the rose petal.

Our amazing tulips that appeared out of no where continue to flower. Very special!


Another mysterious and fabulous surprise were these Irises that have these stunning lavender flowers.

And at last our strawberry plants are are flowering and will soon have some yummy strawberries on them!

I have some lovely purchases and gifts that I received on my holiday that I just have to share. I adore shopping at markets and interesting little places and I had so much fun shopping in Cairns.

My sweet buys (and a few pressies from my Dad) including the very cute Nooz top featuring scissors, buttons, wool and keys (all my favourite things!) and stunning Urban Originals wallet. Also a pair of ballet flats for $5 and a very cute little hippy wrap around skirt from Kuranda markets.

A close up of my new wallet and fab new book The Scandal of the Season by Sophie Gee

This beautiful address book and book mark were lovely gifts from Tara for doing her wedding photos. So sweet. I'm tempted to use the book mark in my hair.

Since I have been back I have been full of inspiration! I have so many ideas for creative pieces I want to make. I finally invested in a big A3 journal and some watercolour pencils so I could sketch out my ideas.

I've been playing around with some sketches today for a little project all about Tea.

Tea sketches -lots more to come

And here two of my favourite Moleskine pages..

Artist Adventures (a collection from the streets of Brisbane)

Little Birds and Parasols

Well I think I'm just about blogged out for the day, I will post again tomorrow with some of my favourite things for the week. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends and has a fabulous Saturday night.

ttfn xx



3 comments:

  1. As always, your blog is entertaining and creative! I love your pictures. Never seen a picture of your lovely man there -- my he IS handsome! That dress you wore in an earlier blog is stunning, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comment.
    Your illustrations are wonderful. oing to have a good read of your blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is an old post (am bored so am going back thru my fav bloggers posts) but I thougt id drop in and say that I am a descendant of Arabella form the book The Scandal of the Season.I didnt know there was a book but knew there was a poem.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x