Saturday, 4 October 2008

Spring Holidays...

It has been so long since I have written and the spring holidays have just flown by so quickly. I had good intentions of posting a blog whilst we were on holidays but very limited internet access meant I have had to store all my goodness for when I got home. My hubby and I had a fabulous holiday visiting family in Brisbane and then ventured north for a week in beautiful Cairns especially for my very special friend Tara's wedding. I have many photos and storied to share so best get a cup of tea and a comfy chair.

Brisbane: 21/9/08- 25/9/08

We travelled on Ben's birthday which meant the moment we got off the plane we were in party mode.



Ben and our nephew Delcan celebrating

Declan being cute in his pirate bib!

The Glass Bar @ the Judith Wright Centre was a fab place of afternoon drinks

We had a beautiful day on the Gold Coast with my whole family, this is one of my favourite photos I took on my Polaroid camera.

All the girls together! I just love the quality of Polaroids.

What would Brisbane be without a ferry trip down the river at twilight.

It was very windy on the ferry! (I put this photo in because it made my sister laugh)


Cairns: 25/9/08 - 2/10/08

It was so lovely to be in the Cairns sunshine, although I grew up there I had not been sight seeing in years. We had a fabulous time being all touristy. We also had an amazing time at Tara and Caleb's wedding. My sister and I did the wedding photography and although it was a little stressful it was an absolutely amazing day! Here are our Cairns adventures..

Tara (the beautiful bride) and I before the ceremony

With the lovely couple

Later in the evening on the dance floor!

My new friend Kristy and I in our matching dresses!

Will post some of the more official wedding photos once the lovely couple come back from their honeymoon. I'm so happy with the way they turned out, now my fabulous sister has the fun task of editing them.

Being silly after a few drinks celebrating before their honeymoon.

Beautiful view from Rex Lookout on the way to Port Douglas


On the bridge at Mosmon Gorge

Some beautiful rainforest

A little rainforest fungi, I can just imagine fairies dancing around this in the moonlight.

At the Barron Falls

My little sister Ella and I at the Falls

We had such a wonderful time its a little strange to get back into the normal routine of life. I have been so inspired by the spending time with family and fabulous friends and new people I have met I'm really looking forward to getting into my studio and creating some delightful pieces before Christmas. I will leave you for now to go and take some photos of the beautiful flowers at a blossoming in my garden at the moment which I will post later on this evening.

Much love xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x