Saturday, 26 July 2008

The writer and her writing desk....

And as I sit here with my glass of red wine by the fire listening to David Gray I realise just how much love quite Saturday nights, particularly after fabulous eventful Saturdays. Today was certainly one of those... We spent a beautiful winter's afternoon sipping hot chocolate at Pleasantrees Frechwares and I also discovered and purchased a fabulous 1940's writing desk from Rose Harvest. A delightful day was had by all..

Image courtesy of Pleasantrees Frenchwares
The beautiful gazebo we spent the afternoon in...

Real French hot chocolate, what a delight!

Looking back to the shop.. I just love the bare trees..


Our favourite friend joined us for afternoon tea..

And now for the writing desk, my husband and I have been searching for a desk for a long time an often pop into Rose Harvest antiques. Today was just my lucky day as the owner had just recently found some lovely furniture including my very sweet little desk. It was quite a bargain and needs a little work to get it fully restored and I'm delighted that my lovely husband is looking forward to the challenge. Here are a few before pictures, there will be more once it is looking all lovely.

With the desk open and closed. I just love the simplicity of it, just can't wait to find the perfect chair for it and fill it with beautiful stationary and my quill and ink well.

Well during the week it was been freezing and I'm not kidding... just in case you didn't believe me I took a photo of the temperature on my computer on Thursday morning, see for yourself...

Now I realise what the locals were talking about!

So because it was so cold my hubby wanted me to crochet him a beanie, so I set to work and whipped one up. Problem was when I finished I loved it so much I wanted to keep it. So I recreate it a little smaller and with some more girly colours and created my signature beret. Its so versatile and soft I just love it. Will be creating some lovely different colour versions over the weeks and can't wait to use my new mannequin 'Molly' to display them in the Jade and Isobel shop. Here they are..

The boys version..


The girls version

I really hope people love them as much as I do, I just love a really great beanie/beret that you is soft and you can throw on to walk out the door on a cold winter morning.

Well that is it for me for this Saturday evening, I'm going to curl up with 'Wuthering Heights' and my now half empty glass of red and enjoy the evening. I will leave you tonight with my favourite photo of the day... the glorious winter sky in Mildura. Much love xxx

The view from the Pleasantrees Gazebo, just beautiful...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x