Sunday, 25 May 2008

A chirpy weekend!

What a big week it has been, they just seem to be going by so fast. And it is already Sunday night and the week has begun again. I can't wait to fly up north in five weeks, for some shopping and fun! Although I have had a fabulous weekend in old Mildura. My most exciting bits are that we got a pet parrot and I taught myself to crochet!

First our new family member. We have been looking at birds for a while and on Saturday we decided to buy a lovely native red rumped parrot. We called him 'Mallee' after the local area. Here is a photo of him, will take some more once he settles into his cage.


'Mallee'

And now to my favourite new thing to do, Crocheting! What fun, after Courtney and I realised that all the adorable berets, beanies and mittens were all crocheted not knitted, we thought we just had to learn, so off I went to spotlight and after just two hours (of cursing) I can actually crochet! And its so much fun. I can't wait to make cute berets for Courtney and my mum and sister. Here are some of the cute things I made today as practice.

'Lavender headband with flower'

'Lollipop Brooch'

I am really enjoying learning new patterns and improvising my own. Just can't wait to go back to Spotlight and buy some more lovely yarn. I'm even thinking of trying to make something wild like a rug from old jeans. The sky is the limit!

I will leave you tonight with a picture of one of our lovely rose bushes in the front yard. It looks so pretty after the rain we have had.


As winter fast approaches I am getting into the groove of putting on a million layers of clothes and remembering to turn the heater on and off. Maybe I should crochet a hot water bottle cover. Is that too much? :)

Much love, have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I have become addicted to your news and ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x