Tuesday, 13 May 2008

Busy days and book club delights..

Well its been a busy week in this little town, we are into week six at school which means only six to go before the holidays, so that means lots of planning, marking and everything in between. As I didn't get a chance to write over the weekend I thought I catch up last weeks adventures.

So last week I had some lovely mail, first a lovely package from mum to keep me warm as I was complaining about the 5 degree morning walks to work.

In my little package I got a lovely red turtle neck jumper, some cute wool tights and a beautiful soft black jacket and all knitted and yummy. Took a quick photo of my outfit before work this morning in my new bits.


My other lovely little package was from the lovely Tara all the way from the Lockhart River in Far Far North Queensland. It was so sweet of her to think of me and I received these absolutely adorable PJ's from Peter Alexander. I secretly want to wear them out! They are just so cute and very warm!


Well I didn't get a chance to do any sewing on the weekend but I did do a little domestic goddess work in the kitchen and whipped up a yummy carrot and walnut cake.


And what goes better with cake than a cup of tea and a good book. Well I have an enormous reading list at the moment but my bestie Courtney and I have decided to start a little book club, that is we read a book then have a chat and write a little review on it. And it was her turn to pick and she has done a delightful job choosing 'The Tea House on Mulberry Street'. Can't wait to start reading...


Well thats about it for me at the moment, need to catch up on some writing and creating so I'm off to be creative until I have to come up with something to cook for dinner.

Much love x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x